All Balls quality rear wheel bearing and seal kit for the Honda FT500 Ascot. Includes everything shown, 3 bearings & 2 seals.
All Balls Number: 25-1324
FT500 Ascot - 1982-1983
All Balls Installation Instructions:
Use a long punch (should have a good edge) Remove any Circlips or retainers. Insert the punch into the wheel and catch the edge of the bearing on the other side. Using a hammer, hit the punch and work around the entire circumference of the bearing. The bearing and seal will eventually be pushed out of the wheel hub. The second bearing can be removed using a punch, a long socket or other suitable driver. Note: The bearings will be damaged during the removal process and should not be reused. The hammer blows transmit their impact through the balls causing small flat spots, which will cause the bearing to quickly fail if reused.
- Inner Spacer: Check the bore to make certain it is clean and the axle easily passes through it. Check each end for wear and burrs. The edges must be square to seat properly against the new bearings. If the old bearings failed it is a good idea to confirm that the center spacer has not been damaged. Make sure the inner space is the same length or slightly longer than the bearing stops in the hub or carrier.
- Wheel Hub: Clean the hub, removing any dirt and corrosion. Make certain not to remove metal. This will adversely affect bearing fit.
- Outer Wheel Spacers: Clean the outer wheel spacers and inspect them for wear on either end as well as wear on the outer surface where it makes contact with the seal. If the spacers are excessively worn they should be replaced.
- Note 1: Improper installation can cause bearing damage and dramatically reducing bearing life.
- Note 2: Heating the wheel hub will cause the hub to expand slightly and will make bearing installation easier.