Heavy duty cylinder studs are necessary to prevent head gasket leakage in high compression and turbocharged engines. Stock studs are made from poor material that will stretch and allow gasket leakage. APE studs are made from heat treated chrome moly, centerless ground, and have rolled threads after heat treat for maximum strength. APE originated heavy duty studs for performance motorcycles and today is recognized as the industry's leading manufacturer. We supply studs to all of the top engin builders. No matter whose parts you have in your engine, join the top names in racing and insist on APE studs to hold it all together.
APE part number: CS750H
Fits Honda SOHC:
CB750A Hondamatic 1976-1978
CB750F Super Sport - 1975-1978
CB750K Four - 1969-1978
CS750H CYLINDER STUD INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Long threaded end must be installed in the case.
2. Note stock stud length location before removing. There are two different stud lengths.
3. After removal of stock studs (removal tool #SP-100 available from APE) thoroughly clean holes with solvent and blow out.
4. Use APE stud installation tool #08-151 or two 8x1.25mm nuts on the noted location, bottoming out, then using a torque wrench torque to 8 ft. lbs. maximum.
4. Install head, and following manufacturer's torque pattern, torque nuts to 20-22 ft. lbs.