Engine rebuild kit for the Honda CB400F Super Sport from 1975-1977. Time to rebuild? If you're diving in and doing the top end, honing the cylinders, replacing engine side cover gaskets and replacing some seals this is a great kit to have on hand! The piston rings are for the stock bore.
Gasket Set Includes
12329-333-010 - Breather Cover Gasket - x1
12391-333-000 - Cylinder Head Cover Gasket - x1
12251-377-000 - Cylinder Head Gasket - x1
91302-001-020 - O-Ring 30.8mm - x8
16173-253-004 - O-Ring 27 x 2.4mm - x4
91301-200-000 - O-Ring 10 x 1.6mm - x8
91301-333-000 - O-Ring 7 x 1.7mm - x1
91305-333-000 - O-Ring 5 x 1.7mm - x1
91301-377-000 - O-Ring 55.5 x 2mm - x4
12191-377-000 - Cylinder Base Gasket - x1
12909-333-000 - Cylinder Stud Gasket - x2
12910-333-000 - Orifice Valve Gasket - x2
12209-333-005 - Valve Stem Seal - x4
18291-028-000 - Exhaust Gasket - x4
11398-333-020 - Oil Pan Gasket - x1
30372-300-300 - Points Cover Gasket - x1
11394-377-000 - Clutch Cover Gasket - x1
11691-333-000 - Alternator Cover Gasket - x1
Oil Seal Kit Includes:
Clutch Lifter Seal
Right Crankcase Cover Seal
Gearshift Spindle Seal
Crankshaft Seal (Left)
Crankshaft Seal (Right)
Transmission Seal (no hole)
Transmission Seal behind front sprocket
Piston Ring Features:
- Ductile Iron Casting (FCD) is superior to OEM rings which were sometimes made from steel.
- Superior tensile strength, ductility and elongation compared to steel rings.
- FCD is even stronger than regular cast iron.
- FCD is used in many automotive parts, which require strength and durability.
- Be very careful when installing the cylinder over new rings, it's helpful to have the proper tool to keep the rings compressed as you lower the cylinder over the pistons. Try to use only plastic tipped tools to prevent from scratching aluminum surfaces.
- The Letter stamped on the top two rings should be facing up when installing them and stagger the ring gaps according to the manual.
- Press your seals in straight with a seal driver or a socket with a slightly smaller OD than the seal. Both surfaces must be free of dirt to create an oil tight seal.
- All sealing surfaces for gaskets must be clean and flat to make a proper seal, sometimes non-hardening sealant is necessary.
Piston Ring Order:
Top Compression Ring (silver outer rim)
Second Ring (black outer rim)
Bottom Rings (3 pieces - Spacer in the middle - 1 thin ring on either side)
CB400F Super Sport - 1975-1977