Engine rebuild kit for the 1977 Honda CB750F and the 1977-1978 CB750K. Time to rebuild? If you're diving in and doing the top end, honing the cylinders, replacing engine side cover gaskets and replacing some seals this is a great kit to have on hand! The piston rings are for the stock bore.
Gasket Set Includes
12329-300-020 - Breather Cover Gasket - x1
12391-300-040 - Cylinder Head Cover Gasket - x1
91302-001-020 - O-Ring 30.8mm - x8
91305-323-000 - O-Ring 5.8 x 1.9mm - x4
91304-286-000 - O-Ring 61.8 x 2mm - x4
12251-300-004 - Cylinder Head Gasket - x1
12191-300-030 - Cylinder Base Gasket - x1
14592-300-000 - Cam Chain Tensioner Gasket - x1
18291-254-000 - Exhaust Gasket - x4
12209-300-003 - Valve Stem Seal - x8
30372-300-300 - Points Cover Gasket - x1
11396-300-303 - Clutch Cover Gasket - x1
11397-300-303 - Alternator Cover Gasket - x1
31282-300-020 - Starter Motor Cover Gasket - x1
11395-300-040 - Transmission Cover Gasket - x1
11398-300-303 - Oil Pan Gasket - x1
15135-300-010 - Oil Pump Gasket - x1
91318-300-013 - Sealing Rubber - x6
12115-300-000 - Cylinder Stud Gasket - x8
Oil Seal Kit Includes:
Right Crankshaft Seal
Left Crankcase Seal
Final Driven Shaft Seal - behind the front sprocket
Starter Clutch Seal
Clutch Cover Seal 1
Clutch Cover Seal 2
Tachometer Drive Seal
Piston Ring Features:
- Ductile Iron Casting (FCD) is superior to OEM rings which were sometimes made from steel.
- Superior tensile strength, ductility and elongation compared to steel rings.
- FCD is even stronger than regular cast iron.
- FCD is used in many automotive parts, which require strength and durability.
- Be very careful when installing the cylinder over new rings, it's helpful to have the proper tool to keep the rings compressed as you lower the cylinder over the pistons. Try to use only plastic tipped tools to prevent from scratching aluminum surfaces.
- The Letter stamped on the top two rings should be facing up when installing them and stagger the ring gaps according to the manual.
- Press your seals in straight with a seal driver or a socket with a slightly smaller OD than the seal. Both surfaces must be free of dirt to create an oil tight seal.
- All sealing surfaces for gaskets must be clean and flat to make a proper seal, sometimes non-hardening sealant is necessary.
Piston Ring Order:
Top Compression Ring (silver outer rim)
Second Ring (black outer rim)
Bottom Rings (3 pieces - Spacer in the middle - 1 thin ring on either side)
CB750F Super Sport - 1977 - Use up to Engine SN 2612797
CB750K - 1977-1978