Engine rebuild kit with pistons for the Honda CB550. Time to rebuild? If you're diving in and doing a rebuild, honing the cylinders, replacing engine side cover gaskets and replacing some seals this is a great kit to have on hand!
Gasket Set Includes
12329-323-000 - Breather Cover Gasket - x1
12391-323-000 - Valve Cover Gasket - x1
91302-001-020 - O-Ring 30.8mm - x12
91303-035-000 - O-Ring 11 x 2.5mm - x3
91319-323-000 - O-Ring 6 x 3mm - x4
91301-200-000 - O-Ring 10 x 1.6mm - x8
91301-323-000 - O-Ring 5 x 2.4mm - x2
91304-286-000 - O-Ring 61.8 x 2mm - x4
91305-323-000 - O-Ring 5.8 x 1.9mm - x1
12251-374-005 - Cylinder Head Gasket - x1
12191-374-000 - Cylinder Base Gasket - x1
18291-390-000 - Exhaust Gasket - x4
12209-333-005 - Valve Stem Seal - x8
11398-323-000 - Oil Pan Gasket - x1
30372-300-300 - Points Cover Gasket - x1
11394-390-306 - Crankcase Cover Gasket - x1
11691-323-000 - Alternator Cover Gasket - x1
31282-323-300 - Starter Motor Cover Gasket - x1
Oil Seal Kit Includes:
Clutch Lever Seal
Gear Shift Drum Seal
Gear Shift Spindle Seal
Right Crankcase Seal
- Be very careful when installing the cylinder over new rings, it's helpful to have the proper tool to keep the rings compressed as you lower the cylinder over the pistons. Try to use only plastic tipped tools to prevent from scratching aluminum surfaces.
- The Letter stamped on the top two rings should be facing up when installing them and stagger the ring gaps according to the manual.
- Press your seals in straight with a seal driver or a socket with a slightly smaller OD than the seal. Both surfaces must be free of dirt to create an oil tight seal.
- All sealing surfaces for gaskets must be clean and flat to make a proper seal, sometimes non-hardening sealant is necessary.
Piston Ring Order:
- Top Compression Ring (silver outer rim)
- Second Ring (black outer rim)
- Bottom Rings (3 pieces - Spacer in the middle - 1 thin ring on either side)
CB550K - 1974-1978
CB550F Super Sport - 1975-1977