Engine rebuild kit for the Honda CB360 and CL360. Time to rebuild? If you're diving in and doing the top end, honing the cylinders and replacing engine gaskets, this is a great kit to have on hand! The piston rings are for the stock bore.
Piston Ring Features:
- Ductile Iron Casting (FCD) is superior to OEM rings which were sometimes made from steel.
- Superior tensile strength, ductility and elongation compared to steel rings.
- FCD is even stronger than regular cast iron.
- FCD is used in many automotive parts, which require strength and durability.
- Be very careful when installing the cylinder over new rings, it's helpful to have the proper tool to keep the rings compressed as you lower the cylinder over the pistons. Try to use only plastic tipped tools to prevent from scratching aluminum surfaces.
- The Letter stamped on the top two rings should be facing up when installing them and stagger the ring gaps according to the manual.
- All sealing surfaces for gaskets must be clean and flat to make a proper seal, sometimes non-hardening sealant is necessary.
Piston Ring Order:
Top Compression Ring (silver outer rim)
Second Ring (black outer rim)
Bottom Ring oil spacer (tall ring)
CB360K - 1974
CB360G - 1974
CB360T - 1975-1976
CL360K Scrambler - 1974-1975